Free agent Jesús Aguilar reaches $3M, one-year deal with A's
- Guardians nearing deal with 2B Giménez
- Royals owner optimistic about new park
- Ohtani leads possible 2023-24 FA class
- Unlikely Padres join big spenders' club
- MLB unveils new replay technology
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) The Oakland Athletics and slugger Jesus Aguilar agreed to a $3 million, one-year contract Friday.
The 32-year-old Aguilar batted .235 with 16 homers, 51 RBIs and a .661 OPS in 129 games for the Marlins and Orioles last season. He was leading the Marlins with 15 homers and 49 RBIs but was hitting only .236 when they released him in late August after falling out of NL wild-card contention.
Oakland general manager David Forst expects Aguilar to split time between first and DH while playing every day.
AP MLB: https://apnews.com/hub/mlb and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 27, 2023